Skincare services are all over the internet, with social media accounts featuring them, telling all the benefits and how important they are in our lives. If you search for a reliable cosmetic shop that offers skincare services, you came to the right place. Here at Beauty Techniques, we will share an article discussing the questions to consider when availing of skincare services. If you think this article is for, we encourage you to continue reading below to find out.
Skincare is essential, and here is a list of some reasons.
- It helps your skin to stay healthy and in good condition. We all know that we shed dead skin cells every day, so if you want to keep your skin glowing and healthy, you must use an effective skincare routine that will help prevent acne, get rid of pimples, reduce wrinkles, and keep your skin looking smooth, soft, and in good condition.
- It helps your skin become more youthful – As individuals age, the skin cell regeneration becomes slower, and your skin may look duller and less radiant. If you maintain a good skincare routine, it will remove the dead skin cells in your body and help your body replenish them with newer cells, making you look more radiant and youthful.
- Prevention is better than cure – Using a good skincare routine will help prevent any skin issues or problems. Skincare costs less than trying to deal with a skin problem like acne. For example, exfoliating skincare will prevent any acne, so you can prevent acne break out that can be costly to deal with and may even leave scars.
- It helps boost your self-confidence – A good skincare routine will make your skin look healthy and good. You will feel good about yourself and even help improve your self-confidence. You will not only feel beautiful, but it will also help boost your spirit.
Searching for the right cosmetics shop that offers skincare services can be complicated if you do not know how to choose the best one. So here are some questions to answer when availing of skincare services.
- What are your skincare goals?
We all want to have beautiful and healthy skin. To have smooth, radiant, youthful, and firm skin is everyone’s dream. To achieve this goal, you must consider plenty of important things such as skin care regimen, regular skincare treatments, makeup and foundation that does wonders, and good genes. Cosmetic shops can help improve your skin by making it smoother, moisturized, firmer, and young-looking, but you must understand it may take a long time to get those results. For example, a client who has acne scars but wants her face to become smooth and even-toned in just a few weeks is not realistic, so when you avail skin care services, you must have realistic expectations. Let the aesthetician know what you want during your first visit or assessment. It would help if you let them know your skin goals to provide you with their treatment course.
- Are you prescribed medications or currently taking vitamins and other food supplements?
This question may be personal, but it is important because some medications can cause acne breakouts and other skin problems. Sometimes, an individual may experience acne flare-ups, skin dryness, and sensitivity after changing birth control pills, taking steroids for asthma, after a prescription for immunosuppressant and anti-depression medications, and taking medications for medical problems such as thyroid problems and seizures. The skin condition can be affected by the prescribed medicine and often can be resolved after the dosage has been completed. The medications can cause skin-related side effects. Taking B vitamins or other supplements can affect the skin’s sebum production, so long-term skincare management will be considered most of the time.
- What is your diet and daily water intake?
An individual is usually advised to take eight glasses of water every day. If you do not take enough water, it can cause premature aging. Most diets nowadays may include an increase in water intake, low sugar, reduced caffeine, decreased carbohydrate intake, and avoidance of fruits and vegetables that can worsen the inflammation of the skin. So you must understand that increased water intake and taking the necessary nutrients that your body needs to be healthy can result in glowing and healthy skin. If you want healthy skin, you must also focus your attention on eating a healthy diet and drinking at least eight glasses of water.
- What is your current skin regimen or skincare routine?
Since there are plenty of skin care products in the market, there is a possibility that you are not using the right skincare products. Cosmetic technicians have the knowledge and experience on which skincare products work great, so you can consult them on what they can recommend to you. You may have to answer questions such as how often you wash your face? Do you clean your face in the morning, evening, and after the gym or running? Do you use a moisturizer? Do you apply serums more than the recommended frequency? Are you using sunscreen daily? These simple questions are some of the basics that can help improve your skin condition.
- What is your skin complexion?
This is an important question to consider. The cosmetic technician will use the Fitzpatrick scale to determine whether a facial or peel will be recommended for you.
- What is your skin condition dry, normal, or oily?
Skin can appear oily depending on different reasons. The cosmetic aestheticians from cosmetic shops can determine the sebaceous activity of the skin depending on the size of the sebaceous follicle. Individuals who have more open follicles tend to have oilier skin. The sebaceous activity will help determine the skincare regimen recommended to him or her. If the skin is oily, more procedures must be done to improve the skin’s protective layer. However, if the skin is dry, you must recreate the protective coating on newly exfoliated skin to help it remain healthy and protected.
- What is your skin’s reaction after exfoliation? Does it get red? When does the redness go away?
The vascularity of an individual will show how the skin brings circulation to the skin’s surface. When skin is hypervascular, it can quickly become flushed; it can heal faster than normal skin when it stays flushed longer. Individuals with hypovascular skin have reduced reaction to exfoliation and slow healing capabilities than normal skin. Cosmetic aestheticians must be careful when dealing with clients with hypovascular skin as it is less reactive to peels compared to hypervascular skin.
What are the different components of a good and effective skincare routine?
- Cleanser – Gently wash the face with a cleanser designed for your skin type. If you have oily skin, use an oil-free cleanser. If you have dry skin, you must use an alcohol-free cleanser. Then, use warm water to rinse it.
- Toner – After washing your face, you must use a toner. It will make your skin calm and smooth.
- Moisturizer – Moisturizers must be applied after washing your face, even with oily skin. It would be best if you went for gel-based or oil-free moisturizer. A well-moisturized skin is soft and smooth.
- Sunscreen – Use sunscreen every day, even if the sky is cloudy. Go for a sunscreen with broad-spectrum protection with at least SPF 30. Sunscreen can help protect your skin from harsh UV rays.
- Exfoliator – Exfoliators can be optional; use them only when needed. You can use it after a cleanser but before a moisturizer. It is advisable to be used once or twice weekly.
- Serum – A serum can be used to deal with skin redness. It can be used twice a day, in the morning after cleansing your face and applying makeup and at night before going to bed.
What are the benefits of availing of skincare services?
- Uses quality products and ingredients – Availing high-quality skin-care services can help improve your skin.
- Protect from environmental damage (sun, pollution, etc.).
- Worth the money – Good quality skincare services produce good results, making your skin look healthy, radiant, and youthful.
- High-quality standard – Quality skincare services use refined products with fewer bacteria and impurities.
You must avoid poor quality or low-quality skin care services because they can cause adverse effects such as the following.
- Ineffective results
- Skin irritation or infections
- Allergic reaction – rashes, redness, itchiness
- Skin may become worse, such as clogged pores and acne breakouts which may lead to scars.
If you want to know more about the different skincare services, you can make an appointment with Beauty Techniques by clicking this link here. To learn more about our skincare services, please click this link here. If you have any questions, please send us messages or inquiries here.
Are you interested to avail skin care services? If you are located in Houston, Texas, or its nearby areas, Beauty Techniques is worth checking out. We are offering different cosmetic services such as skincare services. Our company owner Linda DeLeon is a master technician. She has 18 years of experience and training in cosmetics services. So don’t worry, you are in good hands. Our company is licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services and the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. If you are interested in any skincare services that we offer, please let us know. You can contact us by calling 832-654-4595 or sending an email at [email protected] Our services are available thru appointment only; walk-in clients are not allowed. We are located at 2990 Richmond Avenue, Suite 480 Houston TX 77098. For all your skincare needs, make sure to choose a reliable shop like Beauty Techniques. What are you waiting for? Contact us now!