What To Expect When Getting Permanent Makeup
Are you searching for a cosmetic clinic that provides permanent makeup services? In this article, we will be discussing permanent makeup and what to expect when getting it. Hopefully, after reading this article, you will be able to have an informed decision when getting permanent makeup.
Beauty Techniques is owned by Linda Deleon, she is the master technician of the clinic and she has more than 18 years’ experience in the industry. She is licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services. She is capable of performing any permanent makeup for clients with different age, skin color, and skin type.
What is Permanent Makeup?
Is Permanent Makeup Safe?
You must only trust a reliable professional permanent makeup artist that have certifications and licenses to provide these kinds of services. When you choose a cosmetic studio or clinic, make sure to ask questions so you will be satisfied. If you want to be safe and secure, make sure to go to Beauty Techniques, we follow OSHA standards of care when performing all our services. Our tools and equipment are safe and sanitized properly to protect our clients from infections and other risk factors caused by improper handling of equipment and tools during permanent makeup sessions.
What to Expect When Getting Permanent Makeup
1. Find a technician that will be performing the procedure. You must make an appointment for a consultation before proceeding with the schedule of the chosen procedure. All the needs and expectations will be discussed during this time.
Paperwork, discussion of desired results and all information regarding the permanent makeup procedure will be thoroughly discussed and this includes subject matters that will affect proper healing and the pre and post-procedure instructions will be discussed as well.
2. A deposit for the procedure may be asked, depending on the clinic. Pre-procedure photos will be taken so it can be used as a basis for comparison to the results of the procedure. The technician can use the photos for records and insurance purposes. Also with the client’s permission, the technician can use the photos in their portfolio to show the normal process for future possible clients.
3. During the scheduled appointment, the procedure will be done with the top priority of keeping the client comfortable and safe. People vary with the level of their pain tolerance. Depending on the clinic, they offer anesthetics to lessen or reduce pain while performing the procedure. The anesthetics usually vary depending on the manufacturer. Topical anesthetics can be used after the procedure has started to make sure that the client is comfortable as much as possible.
4. Sanitation and sterilization of the tools and equipment are followed. Single-use sterile needles are used during the procedure to prevent cross-contamination or risk of infection. Pigments used for the permanent makeup procedure are made from approved compounds that are safe to use and for permanent cosmetic use only.
5. After the permanent makeup procedure, clients are given instructions for aftercare and post-procedure photos will be taken as well. An aftercare package will be provided for the client, this may include eye drops, ice packs, and healing ointment. Swelling is common after the procedure and after several days, the appearance of the permanent makeup will have healed and will have a softer look.
6. Clients will experience swelling especially for procedures that include eyes and lips, eyebrows usually have minimal swelling, but it will depend on the client’s skin type. Some individuals experience more swelling than others; the affected area usually feels itchy. The affected area may look darker during the first seven days and it will lessen until the final healed result is complete. A complimentary touch up is done to complete the session. For individuals who undergo permanent eyeliner makeup, it is important to ice it every hour throughout the first day of the procedure to prevent the possibility of color migration.
7. The biological healing of the affected area will most likely take 4 to 6 weeks. The technician will request a follow-up appointment to check the result of the procedure. Depending on the permanent makeup procedure, it can take multiple appointment procedures to ensure the best results. Sometimes no more additional work will be performed and the technician will request to take “healed” pictures.
Here at Beauty Techniques, our master technician Linda DeLeon offers different services such as microblading and other permanent makeup procedures. She offers eyeliner, lip color, beauty marks, French eyeliner, and mucosal coloring. The best thing about it is that you can choose your preferred color and go with a color that matches your personality. We have a lot of customer referrals and Linda is usually referred by local plastic surgeons in the area.
Are you planning to avail of any permanent makeup services? If you are located in Houston, Texas, USA, make sure to check out Beauty Techniques. We perform permanent makeup services by appointment only, no walk-ins.
If you want to know more information regarding our services or you want to book an appointment, please contact us at 832-654-4595 or send an email at [email protected].
Our address is located at Truly Organic CBD & Spa 2640 E. League City Pkwy, Suite 104, League City, Texas 77573. Why wait for a long time when you can invest in yourself today? We look forward to hearing from you!